Exciting news! We have a new role on our Uber Safety Team that has officially opened up and can be viewed live on our website in the coming days. I will forward the link once it is live.
The selected person will directly report to me and will become a member of my team, the Women's Safety and Gender-based Violence Global Team. The position will be based at Uber headquarters in San Francisco.
It will be a senior level position and expertise in sexual and gender-based violence is required. You will see the minimum requirements below, but we're looking for someone who is innovative with highly effective program management expertise. We also prefer international experience.
Our recruiters would love some help sourcing candidates for this position. Please forward over any recommendations you may have, and I'll forward to our recruiters for review. There will be an extensive interview process.
Please let me know if you have any questions. We're looking forward to adding someone to our amazing team and would appreciate any help in finding the right person to help us continue to drive this impactful work!
Women's Safety Program Manager
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
The Uber Safety & Insurance organization is responsible for further developing, creating and constantly innovating on processes and products to ensure Uber continues to be a safe transportation option for riders and drivers. In addition, the team is responsible for ensuring that the public sentiment of safety is commensurate with how safe the Uber platform truly is. To help us craft this narrative, champion new initiatives and execute on winning strategies, we’re currently searching for a Global Women’s Safety Program Manager.
What You’ll Do
· Implement existing company-wide, global initiatives and women’s safety strategy to address a broad range of women’s safety and gender-based violence issues, including sexual harassment, sexual assault, and other forms of gender-based violence.
· Liaise and partner closely with our internal cross-functional stakeholders, external organizations, and NGO partners to socialize and execute Uber’s commitment to women’s safety and gender-based violence prevention.
· Initiate creative ideas for demonstrating our global commitment to women’s safety and gender-based violence prevention.
· Work directly with Uber’s Safety Operations, Marketing, Policy, and Communications teams across the globe to develop and execute effective safety initiatives and partnerships.
· Construct and advise teams on best practices for women’s safety work, including reviewing and providing input to regional ideas and campaigns.
· Execute women’s safety launches with go to market prowess - Build, optimize, and scale launch strategies for program and product launches.
· Work with safety research teams and partners to conduct deep dives into understanding audience insights (quantitative and qualitative data) and industry perspectives for women’s safety.
· Ensure program deadlines are met without fail.
· Make a difference - Passion for creating empathetic, inspiring, and innovative marketing for social impact causes.
What You’ll Need
· A minimum of 5 years experience in women’s safety and gender-based violence prevention
· A minimum of 5 years of industry or consulting experience in project or program management, global operations, or related fields
· Analytical and data driven. Passion for problem solving.
· Influential with great communication skills
· Experience in planning, setting metrics, and roadmap development
· Experience working cross-functionally
· Ability to design processes without a prescribed template
· Passion for improving Uber user experience with a focus on safety
· MBA or Master's degree a plus
· Experience working in the prevention/education space a plus
· International experience a plus
About the Team
Uber’s Safety & Insurance Team is dedicated to reducing incidents and improving safety across our global operations. You’ll work with professionals who represent a diverse set of experiences and backgrounds, from engineering to product to insurance to legal. Safety is at the core of the Uber experience, and you’ll be a key contributor to the team’s global efforts and successes.